This Sucks!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Gatewayuser, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Man this blows I have lots of mowing and jobs to do this week the weather was going to be nice. Guess what now they are saying the temps are going to go from 80 on Tuesday to 47 on Wed then Thur a mix of rain and snow with Saturday snow showers and in the 30s! I thought we were in the clear but I am ready for snow still. I have sooo many lawns that need cut so tomorrow will be a bear!!!:cry: :cry:
  2. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

brother be glad you're getting SOME sort of precip...rain would have to get lost and ask for directions for us to get any around here! I hasn't rained here in probably three weeks.
  3. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

I am sorry to hear that! We have gotten so much rain and snow/ice this year its very wet!
  4. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Try a whole season. Try several seasons with out any measurable rain.

I know the feeling. At least around here its still early.
  5. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

whats rain?we had 6 drops today.this has got to be the dryest i have ever seen it.
  6. deyoe1118

deyoe1118 LawnSite Member

At least you are out...I was planning on spring clean ups this week but we still have some snow piles on the ground and it is going to rain ALL week...
  7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yup, same here, no rain for a good 3-4 weeks now, I am starting to feel so frustrated.
    Maybe this is what I deserve for talking too much trash, idk...

Great wet winter but just like last year, come spring and nada, little sporadic 'test' sprinkles is all we get for months...
    I so hope this is not a repeat of last year but am already tightening up the ole belt, son of a gun.
  8. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I think it's funny how nobody back east cuts in the rain. Come out to the PNW and bring a rain suit, let's go mowin'.
  9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

we do as long as there isn't lightening
  10. MacPhersonlawn

MacPhersonlawn LawnSite Member

We mow in the rain until the ground gets to soft for the Z. Many lawns cannot stand up to a heavy mower after substantial rain and you can do a great deal of damage.