1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

this sucks!

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by Frontier-Lawn, Jun 7, 2012.

1. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

I am based in Venice. Do you have any pictures of your rig?. If you own your home perhaps you can file a claim with your home owners policy or renters insurance?
    Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
    easy-lift guy

2. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

may need you to take care some of my venice propertyies so i can stay in biz and not have to get rid of clients and shut down until replacement stuff is bought (if and when)

3. Frontier-Lawn

truck was found in plant city 4hrs north of me. was in a ditch both door and ingnition was punched and stereo was riped out trailer and equip still mia. who knows when i will get the truck back from county mountys.

4. easy-lift guy

That news is better than I expected, keep after the local detective handling the case. I hope you get your truck and trailer back soon. Will your insurance company provide you with a rental in the mean time?, how go's the claim for your equipment losses??.
    I believe you may be eligible for a victims compensation fund due to your work truck being stolen as well. Check with your local Police and or the States attornys office for more details. All the best.
    easy-lift guy

5. Frontier-Lawn

no state farm sol on truck and with trailer since that was full coverage i cant get any money from them until 25days from filing of said claim so basicaly my company is out of business after 9yrs of operation

6. Frontier-Lawn

trailer pics has a new lowes diamond plate tool box on front. green mower is now a honda brand and echo handhelds and blower instead of kawasaki's

IMAG0498.jpg

IMAG0499.jpg

IMAG0500.jpg

IMAG0501.jpg

IMAG0502.jpg

7. easy-lift guy

Check on the victims assistance fund thru the State of Florida. Is it possible to secure a short term loan from your bank or credit union based on your circumstances? I believe your still in it, don't give up yet!
    easy-lift guy

8. Frontier-Lawn

looked in to the vaf and looks like i cant and as for loan sol credit sub par need to get a silent partner for finace backing then or doanations.

9. easy-lift guy

What if you used your insurance settlement as collateral?, funds could go directly to bank and you would still be able to secure your replacement equipment for say a 30 or 45 day note?. Otherwise you could try JD went worth 877cashnow.
    easy-lift guy

10. Frontier-Lawn