This takes the cake......(long vent)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

today i was in one of my upscale mowing areas. i was finishing up and saw a 10yr old on a time cuter z (property next door), i asked if his parents were home ( he was going to fast on it almost hit my trailer) he said i dont live here, i just mow homes for $5. long sorry short daddy owns the mower and trimer. so i go about my own biz and go to my last property, mean while on my way i put out these fliers on the homes next to me. with a price to mow there home on it also

[​IMG]

so i finish the last home and the owner next to me comes home so i give him one of my fliers and starts to look it over. low and behold the punk comes by sees me talking to the owner. he stops his mower jumps off and runs up and tells the guy dont have him do it @ $25 i only cost $5. (i now want to kill this kid) so the guy tell him to start doing it weekly. kid jumps on his mower and starts mowing. i tell the guy if the kid gets hurt he can be liable in-case of injury. also my cost includes Mowing, Trimming, Edging, cleaning of grass from sprinkler heads and blow. he goes ok if the kid screws up ill call you.
    so i leave. on my way out i see what looks like my flies all mowed up. i stop the truck and it is my fliers. every home i put them on they are mowed over on a empty lot. The point is if i find dear old daddy; HE'S GOING TO GET A EAR FULL. thats just rude of the kid to do that.

2. Frontier-Lawn

ps dont they have ethics classes in school anymore?

3. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

wow $5 damn! WOW mowing fliers to? WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Frontier-Lawn

10 year old on a z i should have called osha!

5. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

It's not to late to call. Dad should be teaching the kid real business sense. When he scalps the yard, and it all burns up or he rips up all the sprinkler heads just charge double your normal rate. Maybe you can make more money fixing the kids mistakes then mowing the yard. Hmm

6. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

id call his father, and then the authorities......id call the cops for distruction of property and that might end the whole thing right there......:)

7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

he won't last, would be interesting to see what would happen if you did call osha as that is not safe at all (i was using a 21" honda at age 10) he shouldn't be on a Z. You'll have that account back pretty fast. maybe call his father first and give him that talk! $5 a lawn, thats BS

8. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

I would call your local news. They would love to show this on tv.

I think your problems will be over.

kc

p.s. The father should have the sh*t kicked out of him.

9. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I was feeling kinda bad and sad about my day until I read about "dennis the menace":rolleyes:

10. Frontier-Lawn

i do not know were he lives in there. but i may try to find out thou.