1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

This takes the cake......(long vent)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Apr 26, 2006.

1. scagwildcat

scagwildcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from nw. ct.

i would follow this kid around take pictures of him on peoples lawns mowing, then contact the proper state office with your pictures.. that will fix him and his father !!!!
  2. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Here's what you need to do.

1. Listen to some early Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, and NWA.
    I hated rap music for quite awhile and just started listening to the older west coast stuff. I think its great, even if its "gangster". I usually look for more complex music and lyrics. I hate almost all the mainstream radio tunes. I always thought rap was very repetitive, but the old stuff has alot of style to it. Dr. Dre produced alot of it and he makes some great beats.

2. Purchase an AK47.

You'll need this in order to terminate this young child.

3. Call it a day and go to Arbys.

Get a medium drink no ice, cheese sticks, and a junior roast beef.
  3. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

If you want city firepower, you need a mac-10 or something small. have you ever held an AK that thing is Huge.
  4. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

your a privledged white kid in the suburbs, you aint no gangsta, and i like you that way, dont go wrong on us son.... this is a place for hard working people......and your smart.... you can come up with a better solution then that...
  5. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

you could always sneak back at night and drive rebar into the lawns so it sticks up 2" or so. bet he won't last long when he has to cut 8 yards to pay for one set of blades. keep in mind that he is ruining a set on every lawn. it's just a question of how evil you want to be and if you believe in karma.
  6. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

You know that kid's not going to last. He's going to miss appointments and not give a crap about the job he's doing.

Your flyers look good, btw.
  7. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Geez, the kid is 10 years old. How is he supposed to know what to do and not to do? Think his father took him out and showed him how to properly mow, trim, & blow? Does he even have a father?? IMO I'd rather see a 10 year old out mowing then in the house all day playing video games. And yes, I realize it's frustrating to see some kid in your area doing this, then cutting up your fliers on top of that. But remember back when you were 10 years old? Did you have an ethics class by that time?

BTW, I love the flyer. Did you make them up or have them printed off somewhere?

8. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

what a little punk...
  9. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

when I started out I mowed one of my regular customers and the grass at the property next door was real high. the guy was hitching his bass boat so I went right over.

after being presented, "how much?" the guy asks.

"$30...same as Ms. so-n-so", I prodly beamed.

"grrrr... do it myself", the guy growled nastily.

"I'll do it for $25 since I'm here" I replied in a more competitive stance.....

"grrrr... aint paying nobody nothing", the guy growled nastier than before.

I then went through: $20...$15...$10........each time the guy retorted something I can't post here.

FINALLY...I said: "I'll cut your grass for FIVE DAMN DOLLARS......!"

the guy about knocked me down getting in his truck.

and about the time he cranked it I yelled: "have fun at the lake because for $5 damn dollars you still gotta cut the grass.......!"

he looked at me...then the yard, then he punched the gas and took off.

my point of the story: the kid on his daddy's Z was having better luck at $5 than I had when I started out........

GEO :laugh:
  10. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

What you should do, is talk to the kid, and make him pay for the flyers he destroyed. then go have a talk with his parents, and osha too. until you're 18, legally you're not to even be riding on a mower with above a certain amount of power, or a deck over 32"