This takes the cake......(long vent)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

If that little 10 year old can run around on his little Time Cutter and collect 30 of your flyers and mulch them in that short amount of time...you may want to hire him.

Buck

2. wacamaster

wacamaster LawnSite Member
    from MI

What's this bs about having to be 16 to ride a damn lawnmower. Give me a break. Let the kid do what he's doing... it's how we all got started (or most of us anyway). Mayb not the chopping up fliers part.. but we all bid cheap when we started out. I remember handing out fliers the same day as someone else and I'd see their quote and I'd make mine $5 less. This was 12 years ago when I was 12 years old (I remember because I put my age on the flier). I now have 35 accounts in that neighborhood and gross $1100 for the day. Dat kid is on to something.

3. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Steal his Z..

4. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

well, hold on. we will probably hear from him soon on lawnsite.com, he will be like the rest of the 10-14 year olds, listing all the equipment and trucks that his parents have, as his, when in reality he paid for nothing.

5. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Damn Frontier that was me on my Toro Z.

Sorry dude but no one can compete with my prices.:laugh:

6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Is that the actual flyer you put out? If so, I would sue the guy. I bet you lost a ton of money in snowplowing alone. Honestly, its a kid, let it go and try to compete with adults

7. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

EXACTLY WHAT I WOULD DO! That, or drive by and accidently throw 2 yards of pea gravel everywhere LOL :)

8. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Wait until he collects his mowing fees, then beat him and take his money...how tough could a 10 year old be?? just kidding...

9. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

I like that Flyer idea!!! Well, except for the 10 year old running them over. I cant knock the kid ... thats how i got started. I was 10 also ... but i used a push mower that i fixed up AND trimmed .. and swept (no blower yet)

Could i use the idea on a flyer of my own?

Thanks!

10. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

All i havta say is that you handled it a lot better then i woulda.

Jeff