This type of problem normal ?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by kingofbling, Apr 25, 2006.

1. kingofbling

kingofbling LawnSite Member
    from dallas

I bought a Toro 32" (new) around Feb-March, today i was fixing to mow one of my regular customers lawns, however when i rolled the mower off the trailer i noticed the wood floor was soaked in gas, after closer inspection the mower had been leaking gas from the carb (right under the air filter), can someone tell me if its normal for the fuel gaskets to go out quickly ? If im not mistaken the mower had been sitting in the store since March 2005 until i purchased it.

12 041 01-S
    12 041 02-S
  2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like bouncing around on your trailer flooded the carb., Turn the fuel off when trailering.
  3. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

Ditto on Restro or you could have a particle lodged in the needle and seat, thus holding the float open. Haven't seen it alot but Lawn Boy was notorious for leaving plastic shavings in the barb bowl and tank.
  4. oldrustycars

oldrustycars LawnSite Senior Member

now change that oil asap. it'll be full of gas. i always shut the fuel off, then run it til it dies. while im not familiar with your model. dont most of those have big fuel tanks? fuel weighs 8 pounds per gallon, so theres lots of weight on that little needle and seat and float. and remember to consult your manual for the correct oil.