1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

This was just funny to me.

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Olylawnboy, May 29, 2006.

1. Olylawnboy

Olylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Oly Wa

I saw that a new outfit was doing a place next to me and I went over to say hey and such. Turns out none of them spoke English. I smiled, shook hands with the crew leader, and went back to my job. Then I saw their truck....in big letters no less...."AMERICAN LANDSCAPE"! I tell ya, I started laughing so hard some people coming out of the door (I was at a ToysRus) looked around to try and see what was so funny:)
  2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

How in the hell do they talk to there customers if they can't even speak English:confused:
  3. Olylawnboy

from Oly Wa

It's a commercial area, strip malls and such. They don't have to talk to anyone, just smile, do the work and go on to the next job. But again, "AMERICAN LANDSCAPE". That's what I found so funny!:)
  4. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

At least they werent called ALL AMERICAN
  5. fulano

fulano LawnSite Senior Member

Mexicans, Brazilians, and Canadians are Americans too.
  6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Thats a good one!
  7. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

Good point!
  8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Because the (American) guy that owns the outfit was sitting at home in air conditioning.

VWBOBD LawnSite Member

10. Olylawnboy

from Oly Wa

Ya know, that's what I thought too, but I didn't want to start a fracus. But really, what are the chances that these folks are American? I don't know what it's like where you are but come on, they can't (or even try) to speak English?
    Would you migrate to (for example) Germany if you couldn't speak German? I think not.
    In the long run here, my point is, these people are not! Americans. Period, end of sentence
    Yet to the system, they're a good source of cheap labor.