1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

This weather just plain sucks!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ProStreetCamaro, Apr 9, 2007.

1. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Cutting across a lawn at 10+ mph in this weather just plain sucks . I have been doing this **** since I was 13 and never have I seen a spring like this before. I am going to look like the abominal snowman this morning because I refuse to freeze my ass off again. Time to break out the thick hunting coveralls and a heavy coat. :cry:
  2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Two things....

1) You could be like us, Minnesota, and be in line for another 4" of snow tomorrow, which will have to be plowed this time, since our ground temps are back around 30, after 3-4" of snow last week, which just melted off.

2) Go back to this post in another 7-10 weeks when it's been 96 out for 3 weeks and you're saying ENOUGH WITH THE HEAT!!
  3. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

dont you have your winter coat that all of us lco's put on over the winter? mines starting to slowly come off. i was 205 at the end of last year, yesterday i was 225 but that was after easter dinner too.
  4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

:laugh: I am 5'10" and 260 but I am also built. After joining the gym last fall I gained another 10 pounds. Everybody here would have laughed at me if they seen me working today in camo insulated coveralls with a Carhart coat over top of that and gloves and the whole 9 yards. :laugh:
  5. LwnmwrMan22

That's the way I look after about October 1. Last year I was doing cleanups until December 21, and I'm in Minnesota.....

We can get snow as late as May 20th, and as early as September 15th.... Makes for quite the short growing season.
  6. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow I feel for you guys up north... Today is rainy and a chilly 60 degrees. Weather says rain pretty much all week here.. Id rather have the snow though.. Its funner to play in...
  7. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

I'd say I got 50% more work done this past week because it was cold. Why? Because it was spring break and it was to dang cold for the kids and parents to be playing outside. I didn't have to stop and deal with any customers all week, I just kept on a workin. They were all staying inside keeping warm. Bring on the cold, I love it. The guys up north are the only ones that should be complaining. I feel for you guys.
  8. LwnmwrMan22

Now we're up to a forecast of 5-8" of snow, Tuesday through Wednesday, then another snow/ice storm for this weekend.......
  9. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I saw a couple guys mowing with ski masks on last week.LMAO

I hear we may see a couple inches of snow from this next storm.:dizzy:
  10. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

Heavy snow fall warning here tonight.... 4-6" expected overnight.... I need to see the ground thaw so I can get to work