This weather Sucks!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by stumper1620, Apr 7, 2006.

1. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't win around here, If its not raining its high winds and cold, snow every 5 days still, and it seems like everytime I have good workable weather I've either got an overload of bids to go look at or some other problem comes up that won't allow for me to get any cleanups done.
    here I go again this morning COLD rain and snow on the way, possibly several inches by morning.
    I"M READY FOR SPRING!!!!!!

2. tfosterjr

tfosterjr LawnSite Member

80 here and dry as a popcorn fart. Grass should be growing like crazy, but lack of rain means no grass.

3. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

tell me about it. Lookin good for next week though.

4. stumper1620

that sucks too!
    I don't need perfect But, I sure would like a few days of decent, workable weather.
    I plowed 11 times in Nov. & Dec. 0 plowing in Jan. ( Our biggest month) once in Feb. and once in March, I can usually start clean ups in March. Had 3 inches of snow on Mon. Now here I go again.
    I got a brand new Permagreen and can't even get a wind less day to calibrate it.

5. lawnsplus

lawnsplus LawnSite Member

Its been similar here too. We have one cleanup that is taking forever it is our biggest one and we have been there three times, it just keeps either raining on us, snowing on us or we are overloaded with the rest of our schedule.

I don't mind rain but rain and 35 degrees sucks

6. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

Everytime I find myself complaining about the weather I think of the hurricanes I don't get, the tornadoes, mudslides, wildfires, earthquakes that don't affect my area. And thus the snow and rain are just an inconvenience to me.

7. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, only a good day or two here to do any spring clean-ups. First of next week looks good, highs in the 60's and mostly sunny. I'm hoping with the .6" of rain we got last night and the sun and 60's first of the week, the grass will be growing by next week or the week after. I can't wait to start working and making some money....:dancing:

8. stumper1620

Good Point.
    I think I'm just starting to get concerned about getting everything done on time. I got my PG the other day and need to get it calibrated then get apps done before the crab starts, with the delays on cleanups plus new customers coming on the schedule is becoming scary.

9. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

PLEASE send some of the rain our way. the ground is like talcum powder!!!!!!!:cry: :cry: :cry:

10. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Dido to a lot of you. We had 3 big clean up's planned for Thurday and I woke up to 6" of heavy wet snow, luckily the plows were still out. This week is a total bust but next week looks good, in the 50's and 60' and sunny.