this week in pictures from the uk

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Giles_uk, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Giles_uk

Giles_uk LawnSite Member

at yellow dogs request

so monday morning,

started stripping off for a car park last week and found a few old setts so kept digging and kept finding them, all the rds over here used to be laid in them and when they modernised they dug them up and tipped them. seems the area for the car park was a tip in the late 70's. so the product of the little cobble mine, they cost about £1 each at the moment so a nice little find.

[​IMG]

loaded up kubota onto the tractor

[​IMG]

started prepping a drive way for asphalt

[​IMG]

virgin broadband cable well burried in a deep straight trench lol, only 1" down, lucky i scanned before biting in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

great parking backing upto driveway, uk is a small country hehe but neighbours dont help

[​IMG]

ripping out the old bitmac

[​IMG]

but my back out on monday, lifting my lad(2.5yrs) into the tractor to have a play, so bad day bad to cast a track, quick 10 min fix but no fun on the back

[​IMG]

and then

scary, went rd corner near yard with full trailer of old bit mac and "Bang" thought erm but odd. stopped and looked and bolts 4 of the 8 blts holding the rim to the centre had come off. would have been really bad had i lost the wheel

[​IMG]

new bolts from dealer much better design, fibre lock nuts

[​IMG]

2. Giles_uk

Giles_uk LawnSite Member

0.75m3(1.5 tons) of kerbing mix collected for £50 why bother mixing haha

[​IMG]

backing them up

[​IMG]

acco going in

[​IMG]

edgers in acco in and connected up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

consolidating time
    [​IMG]

taken a week with bad back and been doing a 700m2 car park at same time.....

surfacing lads coming tomorrow to lay

20mm (aggregate size) dense base binder course consolidated depth of 50mm

with a 6mm (aggregate size) nominal dense macadam surface course, to a consolidated depth of 25mm in SMA and Granite aggregate.

3. Giles_uk

Giles_uk LawnSite Member

started a rugby pitch in june, 12000m2 cut and fill +/- 2m moved about 20,000 tons by the time we had stripped the soil etc, drains laid ever 5 metres in 120m lengths, so now after attrocious weather its roughly levelled and waiting for it to dry out to power harrow, level with drag box and seed etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

so the thing that killed by back on friday continues, factory made 6 inch concrete walls to take out of super strong concrete. they are silage clamp(pit) precast concrete panels,

[​IMG]

time for the big girl k1250 12" blade cut off saw

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

proper seriously tough nasty concrete

[​IMG]

the aftermath of the plumber sweating a joint and setting fire to a 1" layer of hidden polystrene insulation, smouldered for a few hours and at 10pm got a call saying builing was on fire.
    2 fire engines etc but got lucky only minimal damage, plumbers hot works insurance taking a hit.

[​IMG]

moved 2 shipping containers with big machines one at each end and stoned up infront

[​IMG]

4. Giles_uk

Giles_uk LawnSite Member

scraping off to start stoning up for 700m2 car park for the new kiddies soft play centre

[​IMG]

stoning up,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

not at depth yet but we got called back at 12pm on friday saying they need car park roughly levelled to be used today, dozer was on site but caked in mud so roughly threw 160 tons on 40mm-dust about and rolled it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and that was the week that was......

5. Giles_uk

Giles_uk LawnSite Member

ooh by acco i mean linear channel drain its a brand name over here like a generic term

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  6. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

Giles,
    I really enjoy your posts with pictures. you guys seem to approach jobs from an entirely diffrent way than we do over here. always nice to see diffrent ways of doing something.

7. Giles_uk

Giles_uk LawnSite Member

thanks tnmtn guess its just the way you watch the older guys do it or with the equipment and regulations we have.

some from last week, our old jcb 3cx with riddle bucket getting the setts out

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

had to take out some monster stumps, well tress that had been filled rd, so root ball was 3 metres deep took an good 30 mins each stump

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and would you believe it i turn my back for 2 seconds to make a brew this car pulls up and fire bombs the stack of stumps id pulled out and neatly stacked, (fires are illegal here for site waste ;))

[​IMG]

8. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

Where's your site dumper? I thought just about everyone in the UK had one :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Giles_uk

Giles_uk LawnSite Member

The 6 ton one is there just can't see it, the photo of the 3 containers I'm stood at the back of it. Monday I'll take some.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

What was that yellow implement behind the little blue loader tractor?