this will be fun

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by P.Services, Apr 28, 2008.

1. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i blew a hydro line on my ct332, it comes out of the pump and i belive it goes to the right drive motor. from the looks of it the engine may have to be pullled in order to get to it. has any one done one before? jdskidsteer you would know if anyone would. i have so many things to cuss about after trying to work on it for a day but i dont feel like typing right now.

2. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

How far did you get in the remover process.They have a cover on the outside over the hoses.Then theres the cover,belly pan under the motor compartment.

I had the cover off under the motor ,but didn't really pay much attention to what was there.Just cleaning things out.

Also had the cab up on mine and found a loose hose connector.Tighten it and washed stuff off while the cab was up.

Not much help, sorry! Good luck:usflag:

3. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

There are some things worth paying to have done and theoretically done right. This maybe one of them. If I have a hose break and I can see and get to it easy, I will fix it. Other than that it goes to the doctor. Doesn't happen very often (I have not kept a skid steer beyond 2K in over 10 years) but I don't have time to mess with it and I am not a mechanic, I push dirt so I will push more dirt to pay the mechanic to do what he does best, turn wrenches. This is my personal philosophy, yours may be different.

4. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

I blew one of mine a while back. It was a PIA to get to, mostly because there was nowhere to sit. Mine actually blew the coupler off. I don't think it was correctly crimped.

You should be able to access one end through a plate on the outside of the machine. The other end is harder to get to but you can definetly do it yourself. The bottom hose is harder to get to, and that's the one I replaced. It runs under the pumps and wraps around to the side. You'll need some large wrenches, 1 1/8" or 1 1/16" if I remember.

5. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Dozerman was that the morning after the mud froze in the tracks of just muddyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!:)

I'm with KSSS idea,but sometime things break where you don't have a way to get it to the doctor,so it is do it yourself or hopefully the doctor makes house calls:confused::usflag:

6. P.Services

i saw those plates on the side and didnt get to pulling them off but i was hoping they would give me easy acsess. the belly pan is just way to small, its tiny!! i want a huge one i can drop and clean things off good with a power washer and the mud and water will have somewhere to go. there is soooo much dirt in the bottum of this machine its insane.

i will share my stupid move of the day. i pulled the wrong bolts out of the cab. instead of the front ones i pulled the two back ones its supose to pivot on and then the gas pistons forced the cab way up in the air. i was in deep shat. i tried to jump on it and then put ratchet straps on it but nothing would pull it back down. i finally used the landscape tractor to pull it with a chain. i know im a dumbass for that one.

i will get some pics of this little grading/landscape job im doing with it soon.

7. P.Services

he will make a house call for $150 an hour and this is a 5+ hour job so i think i will do it myself. i can fix things fast so it wont be down long.

8. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

That baby would have been put on a trailer and dropped off at the dealer, no way would I waste a day messing. I am always very respectful to the service manager or techs, they can make or break your business. I also have an CNH account so if there is a unexpected breakdown that can cover it. I am not an extreme mechanic, changing oil and filters is enough for me, like others I can make more money doing other stuff.

9. P.Services

not to brag but im a darn good wrencher, i can fix anything and i can fix it fast. this would be about a $800 dollar repair job plus the cost of the hose i would say $300. if i can do it myself in 4 or so hours im happy with that. it wouldnt have been put on a trailer because it cant move, it would take 3 hours of my time to get it there and back and 100 bucks in fuel so i save a lot of cash just doing it and getting on with it. oh ya not to mention it would sit a week before they even brought it in to start the repair.

10. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Think about it, from the sounds of it you lost all day and likely tomorow. How valuable is your time? Thats why you make friends with the service manager. Just something to think about.