This will be fun!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by BShaffer, Aug 16, 2011.

1. BShaffer

BShaffer LawnSite Member

We all have different opinions on products, so lets see what every one says. Just picked up a nice lil spray account this evening the lawn is 95% centipede, and 5% bermuda. The lawn has Virginia buttonweed, crabgrass, beggerweed, doveweed, dollar weed, sedge, and I think I saw a dallisgrass plant or two. what would you spray to clean it up?

2. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

Celsius. Then roll back in three weeks and hit buttonweed with Confront and hit Dallis with Celsius/revolver. Touch up other broadleaf weeds hanging around with 3-way. Finish off sedges with chem of choice. And bill accordingly, because you are going to spend a lot of time there.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

You may want to consider eliminating the 5% bermuda. It might be easier to treat the lawn in the long run.

4. Falcon50EX

Falcon50EX LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

Celsius will smoke buttonweed .113 rate

5. kbrashears

Not quite like confront.

6. BShaffer

BShaffer LawnSite Member

Kbrashears,

is that 4 apps to get it cleaned up? I will have it done in two, two weeks apart. Im most concerned about the crabgrass, and the doveweed this time of year. Once we get into August and the plants have matured they are stubborn. Havent used much confront, sounds like your a fan of it. Celsuis has a nice label for grassy weeds, including dallisgrass, and put in a touch of speedzone, and that will burn down. The carfentrazone (sp) in the speedzone will burn the sedge pretty good. I have had good luck.

7. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

I recommend not using any products with 24D on centipede even if it is labeled for it. I don't use Speedzone but after taking a quick look at the label I didn't notice anything about sedges.

8. BShaffer

BShaffer LawnSite Member

The sedge isn't on the label that's what I have seen. Have u had bad results with 24d on centipede?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

Yes I have seen long term negative effects on centipede with 24D. I would recommend Celsius or Metsulfuron if it is broadleaves you are going after. For sedges Certainty, but it's expensive so you may need to consider this.

10. kbrashears

No. I'd blanket the Celsius, then spot the next trip.