This wind blows..........

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lazyike, May 13, 2007.

1. lazyike

lazyike LawnSite Senior Member

2nd weekend tring to get on the school field to spray and its 40 mph winds again, all weekend both weekends. Worst part of it is I know they will call Monday and want to know how much I got sprayed.
    next year Im going to try pre emergent and see if I get a bigger spraying window.

Just had to vent. By the way what type of spray are you guys broadcasting for pre-emergent???

Mike

2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Is there a time in the morning or at night when the wind calms down?

3. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Get a hood for your sprayer. You can set it right at ground level and big winds won't even drift.

4. lazyike

lazyike LawnSite Senior Member

They work that well?
    Do you know who makes them for an 18ft boom?

5. cantoo

This is the brand I had. I never used it , I bought it to resell it. It had 3 booms about 8' wide each with electric lift. It would spray around 24' I think. Look for used ones from a golf course or school district.
    http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/menu.asp?MID=76

6. cantoo

7. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

Wind doesn''t stop me... www.prolawnsprayshields.com

I use the grasshopper mounted sprayer, and use it on my biggest accounts... 11 ft swath @ 4mph in any wind... thats about 3500 sq ft per minute.

Our local inspector told me that the application area (inside the shield) will always have 0 mph winds, so I could 'theoreticly' spray in any weather.

That's good enough for me :)

Did I mention customers love it? it's so 'enviormentally friendly'

8. Harley-D

Harley-D LawnSite Senior Member

Windiest spring i can ever remember...