This yard took for ever

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by azlawndawg, May 30, 2005.

1. azlawndawg

azlawndawg LawnSite Member
    from arizona

Quote:
    Originally Posted by azlawndawg
    This yard front and back is a total of 10442 Sqf. of turf. Will be cut with a 21" walk behind due to to land scaping and small hills that a riding mower can bottom out on and scalp that section of turf. Back yard is tri-leveled which will mean that the mower will have to be picked up and placed on the elavated area to be mowed. the turf will also be at 3" per the request of client. What would be your bid to mow and blow?

2 hours of edging, 2 1/2 hours of mowing trimmed 3 hedges. By the time I was through, it was about 110 degrees (Noon). It was getting hot. Not to complain, Do you think $200 a month is worth it? :dizzy:

2. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Where are you in AZ? Sounds like an old scottsdale or fountain hills yard.

3. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

To me, only if you had to do it once a month. Once a week, no way. Do you think busting your butt in the heat for 4 1/2+ hours for fifty bucks is worth it? If you do, have fun. If not, walk away.

4. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

No WAY would I mow it for less than $130 per cut.

5. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

No Way your losing your ASS, you might as well work for XYZ Landscaping for those wages after expenses. You should be getting $200 a week for this NOT A MONTH!!!!!!!

6. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

You need to get a lot more for that account. Got any pics?

7. William J. L.

William J. L. LawnSite Member

Why does it take you 2 1/2 hours to mow a 10k lawn? That should take a half hour or 45 minutes at the most. There must be a landscape issue or difficult entry.