This years big project

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by greenmonster304, Oct 30, 2013.

1. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

About 25 year's ago the tennis shop at the club i was working at had just installed two clay court's with sub-surface irrigation like that. They thought the clay was too dry so they wanted me to turn up the water. There was a 1" valve for every line under the court. It seem's like there was a line every 8', i really don't remember. The valve's were halfway open, i opened them up 25% more. I came back 2 hour's later and the court's looked like the surface of a lake on a windy day, very wavy. They had to close those thing's for 2 day's and roll the court's for about 4 hour's. I learned something that day.

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

What did you learn? Might it have something to do with saturated hydraulic conductivity?

3. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

nevermind, i didnt read first, whats new :)

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  4. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

P.S. I like the work GM!

5. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

I plumbed up the well pit today. I still have to do the wiring for the pump though. The 2" line is the irrigation, the middle line is feed for ice rink, and the right is for future frost free hydrants for the horse pasture. The electricians were nice enough to give me a light too.

[​IMG]

6. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Nice work but bushing down to that plastic Cyclestop scares me a little.

7. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

The cycle stop is rated for 50 gpm with about 2 lbs of loss. The Pump is hung on 2" and makes about 45 gpm. A 2" steel cycle stop is about $1000 so the 1.25 plastic model is what we went with.

8. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

I would apprentice under you GM, no questions about it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I would love to learn more about pump and well applications, but there just aren't that many here. And all of the ones we do have are basic and simple compared to what some of you post here.

10. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

One thing to consider in a pit is raising the pressure switch. control box and any electrical boxes. If something does break the sump may not keep up with it.