1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Thomas Skid Loaders

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Gatewayuser, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

What do you all think about Thomas skid loaders.
    Say I do a grading job with a skid loader and the job costs $5000 do I need a licence besides my business licenses. And what kind of insurance should I add? I took skid loader operation for grading and other things, landscape construction and surveying so I know what I'm doing. Any comments would be very helpful!!! :waving:
  2. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

They are supposed to be built very tough. As their construction appears to verify that, I can't argue otherwise. Nevertheless, I have seen a total of about... three Thomas loaders in my lifetime. They do have quite a bit of horsepower and breakout force; their heavy weight likely means they have plenty of tractive effort (perceived "push power," if you will) as well. As for licenses... :runs and hides: Not a clue about that, mate; sorry.