Thomas Skid Steer ever heard of it ???

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Stinchcomb Lawn, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Stinchcomb Lawn

Stinchcomb Lawn LawnSite Member

Im looking for a new skid steer. I dont need nothing big or for everyday use. A customer of mine has a Thomas 175. Does anyone know anything about these ?? Thanks !!

2. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

i know of some people that have had good luck with them but others that wont get near one with a ten foot stick.. but i would go with a more popular brand for dealer availibility like bobcat, cat, asv, new holland, john deere, and takehuchi (something like that). the real deciders on buying one is going and running all the brands and deciding what you like best.

3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

They were ( I used "were" as they are tits up) tanks of the skid steer world, built damn heavy, open loop hydraulics, massive fuel tank and oil tank, each on the corner of the machine and surrounded in heavy "armour" plating. Absolute power houses. I ran a T133 for a week and loved it, but ass heavy though.

4. Stinchcomb Lawn

I think I found a used cat. Thanks for the replies !!

5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Oh thank God!!!

6. jefftb

jefftb LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, pet adoption is sometimes the best:rolleyes:

Ohh, you meant a used CAT.

Sorry, is was too good of an opening....

7. AMCAT

AMCAT LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

Just for interests sake would you tell us what CAT you found ???:dizzy:

8. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

glad you did find a good used cat. keep us updated on how finding a skid goes!

why do you say that? he will probably go demo it and it will fall apart as soon as he turns his back on it. gosh durn kittypillar so over rated!! haha (just messing around)

9. Stinchcomb Lawn

I found a 236B with cab and air. It has 502 hrs, it needs tires and the front window has a small crack. This machine was used in a hay business for loading and unloading on concrete so the tires are gone!! It has a couple of scratches and a small dent in the rear. I can get it for 23,000 ?? What do you think ?? I think it is 3 or 4 years old. :usflag:

10. AMCAT

AMCAT LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

Can't see why you would be dissapointed :cool2:but i would think for that price you might be able to get one with 2 spd or does your machine have 2 spd on it ??maybe thats not an issue for you but anyway good luck !!!!:clapping: