1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Thomas Skid Steer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by kootoomootoo, Apr 17, 2005.

1. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

Any of you guys own a Thomas Skid Steer? Looking at a 94 43hp..... T133 Kubota engine with 800 hours. Guy wants $8000 for it....
  2. srk1378

srk1378 LawnSite Member

We bought a 2000 Thomas 2200 with only 500 hrs. and love it. It has an 85 hp. diesel and will do basically anything we need it to do. The only downside to a machine this size is that it is very heavy, about 8000 lbs. Hours on that machine sound good, but it is an older one. $8000.00 sounds a bit high to me, but if you know the owner and the history that can make a big difference.
  3. kELTIC

kELTIC LawnSite Member

We bought a 2001 153S last fall and we just put 15-20 hrs on so far but I like it. Kubota diesel and good name components. Seems good and strong for a smallish machine, so far so good. Good luck
  4. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

$8000 seems a little bit high to me as well... but as srk1378 mentioned, check out the maintenance and see if it's been well-taken care of.

Thomas skid are solid machines and shouldn't give you many headaches.