those fliers sure work

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnboy82, Apr 9, 2001.

1. hey all. i had gone and passed out fliers maybe 2 months ago. or a month and a half ago. i was a scrub and put the fliers in the mail boxes because most of these areas i went to are really upscale and dont want people walking up the driveway and what not. so far i have gotten calls back from 10 of them? and i only put out maybe 6 - 7 hundred. i think the lowest price i had quoted for the lawns was 50 dollars? per cut every week. however the one i looked at today made it all worth it. 3 homes 2 locations each round is 500 dollars. and they are gonna give me a shot. one place is 6 acres in all but there are fields there and what not. the other place is like another 10 but only maybe 2 need to be cut. beautiful place. every week cut the grass. cleanup for the spring should be a 3 day job 2 guys. minimum. and the fall cleanup i dont even wanna think about. between the 3 homes they are worth i would say about 10 - 15 million. not too shabby for an 18 year old college student right? however i think my best one was last year at the one place that went for 20 million and i was a senior in high school. i gotta post a picture of that one day. but anyways. thanx for the idea for the fliers. it really paid off.

2. how do i post pictures anyways? thanx again

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

4. thanx
    guess i wont be postin pics for a while then. if it requires a web site which i dont have right now.

5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Email it to me and I'll post it for you. I got to see this place. :)

6. AllSeasonsAllReasons

AllSeasonsAllReasons LawnSite Member

Well if that house goes for 20 million!!! I am Moving my house there and selling it for 50 million!!!!!

7. Finecut

Finecut LawnSite Member
    from IL

ALLSEASONS...that's just the guard shack at the entrance to the property!

8. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

20 mil ????....
    and who the heck is matt ?

9. dhicks

dhicks Member

Good for you. I put out about 100 flyers a year ago, spring. While I only received one account last year from my flyers, I have received five accounts since March 2001. I was amazed that people kept the flyers.

When we designed our flyers, we wanted people to keep the flyer on-hand and not discard it. With that in mind, we placed each flyer in a document protector, ($8.00 for 500 at Sam's.)

The people that have called had placed the flyer in a three ring telephone type binder, or kept it file in the yellow page book.

So, IHMO, flyers do work.