those little lawnsigns

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Aug 5, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i see alot of companies put a sign out on a lawn they do. sometimes these lawns are true garbage, just plain terrible looking. i would never want to put a sign with my name on them. now, am i missing something here? isn't this adverse publicity, to be associated with a terrible looking lawn? or is it just that important for growth to have as many people as possible see your company name?
  2. 42homers

42homers LawnSite Member

I've seen them too. If they were smart they'd pick the nicer lawns to put them in and make sure they either picked them up after 3-4 days or get back over there and mow it again...........they sit there until the yard starts looking bad with their name all over it! Gives me a good laugh sometimes.
  3. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

the town I live in has a 3 day limit on having those signs out. The town will take them if they please.....if they are there longer....

4. allstar

allstar LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, Bobby,I've noticed the same thing.I passed by a Dr's office the other day located on one of the main roads around here with a sign that read,"Landscaping provided by so and so".It was a nice little wooden sign but the yard looked like crap:terrible lawn,overgrown bushes,weeds in the beds and zero edging.
    I think it's a great idea, if the local ordinances will allow it,but AT LEAST make sure the landscaping work you're displaying HELPS your reputation.
  5. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I only put my signs out on high end residential lawns, and all install jobs..
  6. GeeVee

GeeVee LawnSite Senior Member

Perhaps the places looked a great deal WORSE before X comapny has taken over and for those familiar, is an indication of things to come......

Nothing happens overnight.
  7. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

yes mr. gee vee, but people only know what they see. a cummy yard, and your name on it. i seriously doubt a passer by would say, "hey, i bet that yard will look great soon enough."
  8. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

That's freakin' hilarious. LOL:D
  9. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Yah, we put signs like that out - but only in the nicest looking lawns we maintain. I agree. It's rather stupid to put one in a lawn that doesn't look perfect. Not very good advertising.

10. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea I got a couple of those, the material they are printed on are called coroplast. They really don't cost much to have made.