those little white "fences", that old ladies...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, May 8, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

you know those little white "fences" that old ladies put around the plants that they plant IN THE MIDDLE of the yard , so you don't run over them? well, here's the complaint call i got this morning, " bob, this is mrs. x, from 123 street. well, i noticed you were here yesterday to cut my grass. i didn't want to say anything, cus you were all wet, and looked tired and a little aggrivated. well, i saw you out the window, u know those little white fences i put around my azealeas? well, i saw you hit a few of them while you were weed wacking, the one time, you looked so mad, you threw the whole fence into the yard, then ran it over with your lawnmower. you know bob, i put those there FOR YOUR BENEFIT, so you don't run over the plants......." this is where i just deleted the messege, i heard enough. WHY, O WHY, do they plant stuff where it don't belong?????
  2. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL big time, Bobby, you are definitely one of a kind, but I mean that in a good way.
  3. Canadian GreenScape

Canadian GreenScape LawnSite Member

LOL.. a mulching kit does a good job of getting rid of the plastic ones... oops :)
  4. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

You just haven't done that to the right old lady's property yet.

But, do have to give you credit for publicly admitting to things I would never dream of.
  5. Canadian GreenScape

Canadian GreenScape LawnSite Member

Theres something about little old ladies and really hot days.. does something to them, makes them crazy. I had one once stand on her front step screaming at me asking me if I was ********...(sorry that was the word she used) mowed when she didnt think it was needed... which is never for her I got out of there in a hurry.. Ill go back later when she cools off..
  6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I know the feeling Bobby, Like you cant see something as big as a #&*@ azealea bush. Last night I finished up at 830 pm was a good hot day, 14 hours, well i had less than 1k left to mow in a yard and there is so much clover it was clogging up. I left it and came home and didnt trim either. Weel at 8 am my phone was ringing, thank god for caller id, let the wife handle it for me. I wasnt civil this am to explain it, but in her words she thought " I forgot to mow a section of the yard and trim'' Do people think we are dumb or can work after dark???? lol ok I have cooled off, Go get em Bobby
  7. Del9175

Del9175 LawnSite Senior Member

One of my customers has begun "landscaping" in her yard. She has put a bush or two and a couple perrenials right in the middle of the yard. Totally out of place. The worst part is that she doesn't mulch around them and the grass grows right up to the base of the plants. Now I like to think I have vision when it comes to landscaping a little at a time, meaning I can ulitmately see the finished product, but I don't see that here. Absolutely no order.
  8. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

PRICELESS!!!!!! Got pictures??
  9. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

How about when you get wet grass on the fence from trimming around it and it doesn't come off those are great phone calls too.
  10. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

Bobby you would have just loved my grandmother. The curtain that she pulled to the side to see what I was up too has a permanent crease in it still to this day....... three years sense she last looked out of it. Oh and she did love those little white fences. LOL