Those of you with enclosed trailers ...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CSRA Landscaping, Jun 13, 2001.

1. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

... ensure that you close the vent on top whenever it rains. I left mine opened just a bit last night by mistake and not a lot of water got in, but enough to cause the floor to buckle a bit. :(

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

sorry to hear about that. thanks for remiding me. i hate to leave the vent open when im not towing in case it rains, but when you open the back door its like a power surge of oven hot air. companies shoud try and incorporate some type of floor vent that you could open in close.

3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

My trailer has a rain shield and so far I have never closed it and rain has never entered the trailer. Just remember to allow gas fumes to exit the trailer before firing up any mowers if you have fuel stored inside and all vents closed.

Ray

4. CSRA Landscaping

Ray, what does that rain shield look like? I'm wondering if I could fix one up for mine.

5. KirbysLawn

6. CSRA Landscaping

Thanks, Ray. I'd say that would be worth the investment.

7. KirbysLawn

NO problem, and you are correct, thay are well worth it. We have had the rain from the Hurracaine all day and I just looked inside...dry...dry...dry..:D

8. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

That looks like a nice vent cover. I don't have roof vents on my "Pace" trailer, in fact it didn't come with any vents. :(
    I ordered the side vents from "Wells Cargo" that I think come on all of their cargo trailers. They don't let any water in, but I think roof vents would keep the trailer cooler. Days like we had today, you'll walk in there and feel like you're going to burst into flames.