Those that mow cementary's?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by meets1, May 13, 2007.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

First one for me. It is going well and I am glad I placed the bid I did cuz I am making some money at this point.

Question is, Memorial Day, the 28th of May. They want it looking good (which I agree) but if I wait till Saturday to mow - do ya think people will be placing flowers or should I mow late afternoon/early evening on Friday?

Never been to this point in the mowing years so a new question and I hope someone can direct me to what they do, how they do it or just plain tell me Friday!

2. we'll do them on Thursday of Friday.

3. Buckeye Lawncare

Buckeye Lawncare LawnSite Member

The two cemeteries that I mow have to be mowed within 4 days of all holidays, Mothers-Fathers Day, Memorial Day, and 4th of July. Therefore, I will probably mow late Thursday or Friday.

4. Midwest Lawn Services

Midwest Lawn Services LawnSite Member

Thats what I would expect.

5. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

I would go with a Thursday
    Friday if I had to at the latest
    Family members will start rolling thru usually on Friday late AM
    I try to be done and gone by the start of the weekend
    (dont have to stop and answer a lot of questions/avoid sections while they are decorating)
    Some cemetaries also have Easter as one of the main days
    May want to find out about it for next year

6. fargoboy

fargoboy LawnSite Member

thursday if you want to avoid people. You got grass on my great grandfathers grave the last six years(you just lost 3 minutes of your time explaining that you didn't do it the last six years)

7. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

I want to be done and gone Friday evening. I'd say Thursday but with our rain and weather, I'm afraid it will look ragged and unmowed by Monday.

8. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

i am thinking at this point being completed by Friday evening. We have had rain, mowing twice a week, cool nights, 70 - low 80 degrees, perfect grass growing weather! I want it to look good come sunday/monday. Like I said first time for us to do this type of mowing so I have to get it right the first time!

9. regulator220

regulator220 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I will tell you another thing you need to think about is around here they put flags out at every military stone and that makes it a pain to weedeat it...

I would watch the weather and depends on how long it takes ya I would say Wednesday or Thursday but definitely not Saturday.

10. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

i'm mowing mine thurs eve