Those with crews...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by procut, May 29, 2006.

1. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Lets say your running crews or even one crew out of a location other than your house. Do you send your crew by your house to mow your own lawn? Just wondering:waving:

2. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I did last year sometimes. I just looked at it I am paying for it either way. It really was dependent upon whether I had things to do with my family, and how busy my schedule already was.

3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

YEP, one of my residential crews comes by on Friday's when they are finished and cuts mine....unless I feel froggy and decide to do it.

I actually use to pay another LCO to do it. He was PT and was trying to make ends meet and I figured it was cheaper paying him than paying my guys in the long run................but he went of of business after 2 years because he know how to cut grass well, but he didn't know how to run a business.

4. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine is on the schedule for our guys to cut.

5. nfarr

nfarr LawnSite Member

My thirteen year old fights my ten year old to do it.

6. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I used to, but last year I tightened up my route and I no longer have any accounts near my house. So I just keep some equipment here to do my lawn myself. No sense in paying three guys to go out of their way to cut my lawn.

7. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

What's the point of owning a lawn service if you have to cut your own grass? Besides, it helps me keep an eye on the quality of their work.

8. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Don't even have a mower at the house.
    They also do my rentals that I own.
    Just sold everything to a guy and he will do it from now on. I've got a 14 year old at home so I may bring home a mower and make him do it, but I know it will not be as well done

9. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

My house is part of the route. Heads roll if I have to get on a machine.
    I'm way too busy with customer meetings, production scheduling and supervision to operate machines directly.
    Besides, I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in mowing any more - that is what my crews are for.

10. AlleganyLawnCare

AlleganyLawnCare LawnSite Member

I have a couple of people that work for me, but I still cut my own grass every week. My neighbor, who is one of the big boys in the area, has several crews (3 o 4 crews), but he only has them cut his once a month.