Those with diesel equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by meets1, Mar 23, 2008.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I have been talking to a few truckers / heavy pickup hauler guys. They say there starting to add fuel additives to increase milage. Can this be done with my our smaller diesel equipment? I may stop down at the auto parts store tomorrow and ask but I thought I would be the experts opinion on this first.
  2. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

I have been adding cetane boost for over a yr now! The fuel we are getting my diesel will not run on it without the boost!
  3. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Do not use any of the Power Service products, not a fuel lubricant just paint thinner, acetone & xylene. Howe's, Lucas gas & diesel fuel additives is another good product.

I use AMSOIL diesel fuel concentrate, it's a total system cleaner & lubricity improver for all types of diesel engines. I purchase it in 5 gallon pails, for my equipment. I also use AMSOIL fully synthetic HP injector 2-stroke TC-W3 lubricant, 10oz per 35gals of diesel, as "extra insurance in my Cummins ISB VP-44 pump, you need to know what type of Fuel injector pump is in your trucks & equipment some are totally fuel lubricated like the 02 Cummins ISB Bosh VP-44 injector pump. While other are not: the Bosch CP3 fuel injector pump does not require fuel lubrication.

Here the MSDS on Power Service nothing but paint thinner
  4. AmsoilPower

AmsoilPower LawnSite Senior Member

GSPHUNTER LawnSite Senior Member

I run Howe's or Lucas in my truck. I don't have any diesel mowers or anything. I think the stuff is overall good for the fuel system, especially with the crap low sulfur diesel you buy at the pumps. As far as mileage increases, I see about 1-2 better with additive. It's just about enough to pay for the stuff, but like I said, I think in the long run it's better for your fuel system.