Those with employee's - what you all paying?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by meets1, Mar 27, 2011.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I am curious what you guys are paying your top guy out in the field. I don't care if he is mowing, landscaping, chemical, etc.

I am looking for hourly info and then if you care to share are you guys paying vacaction time (1,2,3 weeks) holiday's off, insurance, retirement plans?
  2. TTM42

TTM42 LawnSite Member

Id like to know this as well, what is a fair amt to pay the head guy of a crew and any benefits.
  3. Cajun Cleanin'

Cajun Cleanin' LawnSite Member

I pay 15 dollars an hour or a percentage of day whichever is greater.Helpers get between 8 to 12 depending.
  4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

pay rate will vary from diffrent parts of the country. same as cost of living.

Here We start everyone off at 10.00 per hour.
  5. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

We start mower operators at $10 for the first month - if they work out, and are good enough to stay, they go to $11 for the remainder of the year. We pay the hourly wage from the time they get to my shed in the AM until we get back in the PM. I also buy lunch and pay for the time. Am probably going to $13/hr with my seasoned (OVer two yrs) employees, and not buying lunch. Thanks Brad
  6. RPM90

RPM90 LawnSite Member
    from Philly

my grass foreman gets 15, then the other 2 guys on his crew each get 10

my landscaping/hardscaping foreman get 15 then the other 2 guys on his crew each get 8
  7. srl28

srl28 LawnSite Bronze Member

You pay more for your grass guys than what you pay your hardscape/landscape laborers? Wow
  8. RPM90

RPM90 LawnSite Member
    from Philly

yea, the two landscape laborers are straight laborers that do all the grunt work and bring all the block to me and the guy that gets 15
  9. verygreen

verygreen LawnSite Member

I'm a lead supervisor and do design, applications, sales and troubleshooting. I have 30 yrs experience, worked for myself for 20 and sold my biz to my current employer. I set my own schedule, love my job, $19./hr + commission on sales I generate. I was offered more $$ from a competitor, but money isn't everything.
  10. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

My top guy makes 16.50 an hour has been there over a year. We bought a new truck so he will be running his own crew in a month or so at which time we will bump him up to 17.00 when I last worked for someone else in 2002 I was paid 20 an hr but I was a lot better then my top guy today.