Thou shalt not work on sunday...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NittanyLawncare, Jun 11, 2008.

1. NittanyLawncare

NittanyLawncare LawnSite Member

I do work at a golf course through the week and with the personal accounts I have, work always seems to trickle over to Sunday. But this year I've had some people who are resistant to ME working on Sunday. Being religious I suppose they feel that Sunday is a day of rest...which is all well and good if you can afford it, but when your trying to make ends meet you need just about every hour of sunlight you can get. And I'm not without some faith...but would have to believe that god would rather I have food on the table than rest a day a week. Just interested if anyone else has experience with customers like this?
  2. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

Customers? No.... but it's definately frowned upon..... specially down in the Bible belt....

Thou shalt not work on Sunday, but rather sit, relax and rot in a pool or on the beach.... while spending quality time with my family :eek:)

You need at least one day bro....
  3. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I think they just don't want you there on Sunday. Many people want to relax at least one day a week and not here the roar of a mower. I rarely if ever cut on a Sunday and then only commercial stuff. I know there are many 7 days a weekers out there lol
  4. zemzabob

zemzabob LawnSite Senior Member

I would not have someone mowing on Sunday but thats me.
  5. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

i hear ya! same here! :clapping:
  6. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I used to pull the seven day work week years ago when I was starting out... and never really got any resistance from the clients..but I burnt out on that after a few years. I really can't remember the last Sunday I worked, I would have to say maybe 2002-2003 or so. There has definitely been some snow plowing on Sundays, but that is what it is. Like Carolina said, you've got to have one day for yourself.
  7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I've only worked 1 Sunday so far this season. I worked 5 last season. I usually keep that as a day for myself...(Nascar is on, lol.)
  8. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

no work on Sunday here ever period; if I wanted to work on sunday's I would go back to corporate America. Regardless of religon it's a day of rest, your mind & body need a day fo reflection & rest
  9. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

... never on Sunday.
  10. Dave_005

Dave_005 LawnSite Senior Member

Saturday and Sunday both are time to rest for me, i keep them free to use for make up days if i get a rain out. but i Do agree Sunday should be a day of rest if Possible.