Thought I had seen it all

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Busa_bill, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Busa_bill

Busa_bill LawnSite Member

Came up on a guy mowing the side of a driveway. I thought he was riding a sulky. Then the guy comes out into the street on a skateboard motoring down to his next house. Funny as $%#$. Got my morning off to a good start. I couldn't stop laughing. Can he mow on a skateboard? What a **********.

Talking to another guy down the road later and he had seen the same group where they had a guy riding a bicycle with a backpack blower going to all the yards.

I think I'll pick another neighborhood. :laugh:

Why did I chose this business again??? :hammerhead:

2. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Sounds like they're getting sh** done though...

The bike thing...around here you see guys on Z's with a Little Wonder mounted to the front. Same concept really, mobile blowing.

3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

my 10 acer home I cut has a driveway about 1/4 of a mile...... I put my blower on the ZTR and blow away

4. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Never forget where you came from. It pays to stay humble.

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

A few years ago we seen a guy go past the house riding on top of the gas tank on a WB. He would ride between yards in the neighborhood.

6. Busa_bill

Busa_bill LawnSite Member

Not sure why I even bothered posting this. How can anyone possibly endorse using a skateboard or bicycle in landscaping? It's stuff like this that makes our industry a joke.

7. amtrucker22

amtrucker22 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

With the way the economy is going I wouldn't be surprised if you see some crazier stuff in the near future!

8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Yea,,,,,,,,LIKE stealing that bicycle, Or the skateboard..........

9. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

You could look at the skateboard as nothing more than a detached sulky. The cool thing would have been if he had a skateboard type thing with swiveling wheels to turn on a dime. Ok, Ok... I'm just joking. I've seen my fair share of odd stuff before. A guy hanging out the truck window with a handheld blower blowing off the sidewalk as they rove down the street. That was funny but it worked.

10. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

We use to race our toro two cycles 21 inchers back in the day. Almost 10 years ago, man where does the time go.