1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Thought i would share with you guys.

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by TXNSLighting, Feb 22, 2009.

1. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

In less than 48 hours i will be meeting my biological mom. Im pretty excited about this, and I am really looking forward to it. I will let you know how it goes, and im hoping to light her house up!! :cool2::laugh:
  2. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

I am assuming this is your first meeting? I have yet to meet mine. I have been thinking more about this in recent years but havn't made the leap yet.
    Good Luck!
  3. worx

worx LawnSite Senior Member

Wow,..... very interesting. I hope everything goes well!
  4. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

5. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Not being in your situation I can only guess what that feels like. I hope that all goes well and that all your questions are answered.

My aunt re-established a relationship with her son (my first cousin) who had been adopted by a good family when she was young. It was a slightly awkward but ultimately satisfying moment for all of us when we finally met Michael. It was good for our grandparents too.
  6. Tomwilllight

Tomwilllight LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know if it compares... I left home when I was 15 and refused to see my Mother for 10 years. When we got back together, I realized we both had grown-up.

Good Luck Ryan!

7. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

thanks guys! Yes it is the first meeting, Im pretty excited about it. Been waiting quite a while for it. Have a great week!
  8. mizzly

mizzly LawnSite Member

Wow, I just met both of my biological parents last year I was 41 at the time. I wasn't to thrilled with the idea at the time, My adopted mom is still alive & she was very hurt. Mainly because of the way she found out. (bio Mom called her when she found out my name & mom found out before me from her) I met her & my new sister mainly to be nice. It all kind of worked out though. Bio mom lives 15 miles from me & has this whole time. My dad never lived here, was a truck driver & hooked up with her on lay overs. At the time he wasn't interested in a family. However he is the one who tracked me down & initiated the contact. (kind of regreted how things worked out) He lives 1200+ miles away. My adopted dad has been dead for 20 yaears so I was more excited to meet him. We talked on the phone for a couple months before we met. we actually have a lot in comon ie.., trucks, farming, construction & stuff guys talk about you know. So now i got like 6 brothers & sisters i never had & a dad again. It's kind of cool. It was a little nerve wracking the first time i met them but it's just who i am now. Congrats & hope it works out for you.
  9. worx

worx LawnSite Senior Member

Great story mizzly, glad everything has turned out so good.
  10. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

Well just got back, and it went fantastic!! Its like i had been there for all my 25 years. It was definately a great experience and the start of a new family! It was to cool to see people who looked alot like me and acted llike me. It was great fun! I cant wait to see em again!