1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Thought I'd Seen It All...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HOOLIE, Jul 25, 2004.

1. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Man, I thought I'd seen it all until yesterday. Was trimming down by the street, see this guy go by pulling a little 4 or 5 foot long trailer with...a bicycle. I mean, come on now. He's got his little ancient push mower, curved shaft trimmer, and a nice push broom to clean-up.

Now, is this how Lance Armstrong trains for those mountain stages? By pulling a trailer full of equipment?

If I ever see anyone pulling a trailer with a horse I'll let you all know...

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Thats Laurence Stone. Hes getting ready for the winter migration to Florida.

John

3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

good one, john!

GEO :D

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Book Em Dano!!!!

5. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Mid Seventies I use to lean a 21" back on the rear wheels and put the handle under the seat of my bike, tie it off and ride over a mile to cut a lawn. Rear wheels lasted the whole season too.

Oh- to have that profit margin back.

6. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

PM, I did the same, those WERE the days......

7. EastTnLC

EastTnLC LawnSite Member

My dad told me he used to do that when he was a kid. I couldnt believe it.

8. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

One of the largest LCO's in our area has about 30 lawns he does that way. Built a special little trailer that attaches to the mountain bike. He does this because of little parking and a major traffic congestion. He saved himself a whole day by doing this. Although he has nice commercial equiptment. He does admit when it is wet he has to bag and has a guy in a small pick up come around afterwards to pick up all the bags.

9. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Theres a photo somewhere on this forum of a trailer being pulled by a bike. I think Eric might have posted it.

10. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Bob that was a 61" Wright sentar on a trailer being pulled by a harley. It looks like it was taken behind the wright MFG plant.