Thought you guys might like this

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Scag48, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Hey guys. I've been off a machine for so long this is what I have to do to keep my mind in the operating scheme. It's all I've got! Yeah Gravel Rat, it's a Deere. Don't worry though, I have a MASSIVE collection of Cat equipment back home in a box. I think I have almost every Cat piece produced by Norscot.

When I'm bored or don't feel like doing my homework, my box of toys sits on my coffee table in my apartment. Fun in a box. I miss my real toys though! This college thing better pay off....

[​IMG]

2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

When I was in college, I spent too much time playing in a "box":cool2: . I at least didn't go blind but I also didn't graduate. Skag, your sand box I think is probably more productive however it is also maybe a little troubling:laugh: .

3. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I know, my roommate gives me a load of sh!t about it. What can I say, I'm obssesed.

4. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

It shows your a person that likes to get their hands dirty not like some college students that are miss priss ooh god I can do that I might chip a nail and I don't mean girls saying that :laugh:

You should dab some diesel fuel on you someday when your walking down the hallway of the school and see how many people can figure out what the smell is :laughing:

What are you taking in college ?

5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Business Administration. I actually wore my Carhartt double knee loggers to school the other day. Got some strange looks. I topped it all off with some flannel and my NC Machinery Cat hat. Man, I'm a wicked redneck.

6. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

The worst part is the white collar worker type people don't think of us blue collar rural types much. I imagine you prolly see alot of those white collar business suit type students there.

Just because of our job description we would rather play in dirt than sit behind a desk pushing a pencil and shuffeling paper they think of us as lower classed people :rolleyes:

Thats probably good course to take if you want to run your own business someday.

7. janb

janb LawnSite Senior Member

I got pretty strange looks myself pulling into my college parking lot with my equip, but I was between jobs, and needed to fuel. My classes are at the end of the day, and closer to my jobs than to home (guarantee I smelled of many things... it was a day I was burning + fueling) I asked to get a "semi-rate" on parking permit :laugh: I'm doing Business (internaional + finance) too, as I already have Mech and Civil Eng Degrees (from 1976 & 78...:confused: ) The feds are paying for school since I gave my job of 32 yrs away to India (6 wks prior to 'retirement'...:cry: )

8. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I was thinking the same thing....Scag...you got to find you a woman...quick:weightlifter:

9. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I'm trying, I just need to find one that's normal. Women are just a PITA for the most part, I'll wait until I'm 30. By then, hopefully they will have grown out of their high school immature-ness. :dancing:

10. thepawnshop

thepawnshop LawnSite Senior Member

Scag, personally, I'm not a big fan of college but during college football season, I sometimes wish I had stayed the course, If not for the education, but for all the "immature" female students. Who needs maturity when you are wrestling naked?!?!?! (Forgive me if that offended anyone)

My son LOVES the JD322 CTL model as well as the excavator nodel...h eplays with em in his sandbox all the time.

Excavating rules (and so do immature college women)!