1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Thoughts about a Troy-Bilt 23HP 50" Zero Turn Tractor Troy Bilt

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hillibilly, Mar 9, 2006.

1. hillibilly

hillibilly LawnSite Member

Does anyone have one? Is it anygood? I am in the market for a cheap zero-turn mower for my second season of mowing and wanted to know if this was a good choice. If not than want are some good ones for around the same price?
  2. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

My parents used to have a troybilt tractor 16hp w/ 48" deck. POS!!! Run, dont walk, Run as far away from that thing as you can. It never cut right from day one. and trying to find parts for the damn thing is one of the hardest things as Troybilt changed hands too many times.
  3. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Save your money for a commercial ZTR. Not sure what setup you are currently running but I would look into a commercial WB such as a TTHP or something similar. Dont waste money on crap equipment.
  4. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

Are you talking about the RZT50? its the same mower as the cub cadet,simplicity,white. not to many people like them the EZT transmission is what i hear alot of bad things about.
  5. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Junk. Enough Said
  6. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

It IS NOT the same mower as Simplicity, Simplicity ZTR Mowers are built by Ferris.
  7. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

your right its cub, troy bilt, white i dont know why i was think simplicity.
  8. hillibilly

Well the thing is I'am just starting out and have NO money. I am 16, and just want something to be mowing like 25 yards a week. Is there anything that might be able to fit in my price range?
  9. hillibilly

Ok what about a John DeereĀ®
    25 HP V-Twin OHV 54" Yard Tractor 190C. We have ALOT of credit at Lowes and this is something else I was looking at.
  10. mow king

mow king LawnSite Senior Member

Anything from lowes wont stand up to commerical abuse, if you're doing this on a very very part time basis it might work out for you.

Otherwise run from lowes.