1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Thoughts and Prayers with Unique lighting

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by pete scalia, Oct 23, 2007.

1. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

Let's please put our differences aside for a moment and let us pray for Nate, Joey and the rest of the Unique lighting staff. I saw on the National news tonight that things are pretty bad down in San Diego with the wild fires. Many are without electricity , some have been evacuated and some are homeless as they have loss their home to fire. I noticed Joey hasn't been on today. Let's pray that everything is alright and that they come out of this safe and sound.
    Thank you
    Sincerely
    Pete Scalia
    Long Island NY

2. Landscape Illuminating

Landscape Illuminating LawnSite Member
    from Maine

I think this is something we can all agree on. My thoughts and prayers also go out to everyone who may be affected by the recent events out in CA.

-LI

3. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

Copied this from another message board

Recent press conference on TV put it at 50 homes burned in Escondido yesterday, but fire is still burning on southwestern part of city, over 1300 homes burned in county, over 400,000 acres burned in county, and over 520,000 people evacuated in county. That is about 100,000 more people than were evacuated in New Orleans during Katrina.

4. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

I'll agree. I have a cousin at S.D. State who was evacuated yesterday.
    I hope all is well with Joey, his family, coworkers, and all.

I wouldn't wish a fire on my worst enemy.

Having been through a house fire, watching most of it go up in smoke, the dislocation, the daunting cleanup and reconstruction that followed.... it's almost 5 years ago now. Believe me when I say I feel their pain.

I'm not comforted by the smell of a wood fire anymore either. It still makes me a little anxious.

5. steveparrott

steveparrott Sponsor

My prayers also for Joey and his collegues, their family, friends and neighbors.

6. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

My prayers as well. I was supposed to go to San Diego yesterday to see Joey and Nate but that was canceled. Joey was indeed evacuated yesterday, I'll try to reach him today to check on him and Nate.

7. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Watching the news coverage of the fires in S. California while sitting here in drenching rains is quite uncomfortable. I wish there was something we could do to shift the weather patterns around.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of our friends who are affected by this terrible firestorm.

8. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

Yes, I'm really getting worried about them since I haven't seen him on here. Hope they are all safe. Hopefully we will get some good news soon.

9. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

May the Good Lord watch overthem and all the others affected by this in thier time of need. Joey if you read this and need anything do not hessitate to ask. I am sure there are several people here that would be willing to help yall any way we could.

10. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

BTW, FX Lighting's HQ is pretty close to the fires too. Also Hunter Industries, for those of you who might also install sprinklers. Keep them all in your thoughts and prayers.