Thoughts and review of redmax

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by pliotta88, May 26, 2014.

1. pliotta88

pliotta88 LawnSite Member

hello everyone I'm wanting some feed back on redmax there new equipment. I currently use sthl. I thinking about buying a redmax edger. There is a new redmax dealer in town. thanks everyone.
  2. Olympia

Olympia LawnSite Member

I did not like the edgier I got that was a redmaxx. Their blowers are good though..
  3. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I have been migrating to Redmax from Stihl. The trimmers (2350 and 2460) are a lot lighter than FS90s, and they have been holding up well. I have 2 Redmax 8500 blowers that are much more powerful than Stihl BR600s. But the Stihl blowers are lighter and more comfortable. So we use the BR600s for mowing, and the 8500s for leaf cleanup. I have a couple of other stihl products like chainsaws, a combi-tool, and hedge clippers, but they don't need to be replaced any time soon.
  4. pliotta88

pliotta88 LawnSite Member

great info thanks
  5. nashguy207

nashguy207 LawnSite Member
    Male, from Nashville,TN

I have been using RedMax for years. I run there 2460 weed eaters and they hold up well. I run there 7500 series of blowers. There a little lighter than the 8500 and for the price difference to power and weight i dont think the 8500 are worth the extra expense. I have a couple of 7001 that are 10 years or older that we use for back up when one is down and they still run great.
  6. MRCo.

MRCo. LawnSite Member

Redmax products are very simply and well made, easy to service and perform extremely well. Parts prices are much more reasonable than Stihl in my experience. The edger I haven't used, but would say get the straight shaft. The trimmers are great machines, very good power to weight. I know commercial guys who put five or more hours a day on their machines and they are approaching ten years old.
  7. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I used to be a huge RedMax fan. But when Husqvarna took them over, it just took a turn for the "cheap" and I haven't gone back. I do think I'll buy another blower since they're still the strongest on the block.

I'm odd since I like different brands for different things.

My edger is a Stihl FC90. Edgers are the only thing I like in a 4 stroke.

My trimmers are Maruyama. Best trimmers out there in my opinion.

Like I said, probably switching blowers back over to RedMax. I would go Husqvarna but the dealer in my area is not worthy of my business.
  8. greenscape2010

greenscape2010 LawnSite Member

Stay as far as u can from them, i have 3050edger,2350 trimmer,2450 max torque trimmer, ALL JUNK!!! And when u contact redmax about issues, u get no response. I have one stihl trimmer left and its all i use. Redmax belongs in the poulan categorie. I have the 2460 hedge trimmers also, lasted through 2 hedges. Go stihl, shindi, echo anything but redmax
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. Bloomscape

Bloomscape LawnSite Member

We have the HEZ2460F and it's awesome. Plenty of power and light weight. I love RedMax. As you can tel in my signature below, that's all we use. No issues what so ever so far. The trimmers are light and plenty of power. I like the TR2350s but I'm 6' and it feels to short for me. Even tho the BCZ2460TS is 2lbs heavier it's more comfortable because I'm not hunching over a little to hit some spots.
  10. greenscape2010

greenscape2010 LawnSite Member

How long have u been using them?
    Posted via Mobile Device