Thoughts for next season

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MuskTurfKing, Jan 18, 2002.

1. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

Since I've been stuck at home sick all week, I've taken advantage of my new found free time to think about the 2002 business season. I THINK I've remembered all the things I need to do. Resources are limited at the time. (But they always are, aren't they?;))

1. Get insurance
    2. Put out est 500 flyers in the beginning of February, and once again in mid-March.
    3. What do I about taxes? So far I guess I'll just keep track of everything. Hours, money spent, money earned, and all that good junk.
    4. Advertising in phone book in May once I get license. (It's only $80 and there are only about 6 LCO's in the yellow pages, can't hurt.)
    6. New comm. trimmer and BP blower.
    7. Trailer

Could there be anything I'm forgetting? Anything that I need to do about taxes? Anything at all that you want to suggest, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Hank

2. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

an accountant will eliminate tax problem. themn get software to keep the books on.

some things on my own list are get a web site (almost done) and find 2 more employees (wish me luck).

i also drop into dealers evry so often. they have time, chat it up. then when you need a favour in the busy spring they more likely will do it.

3. E-man

E-man LawnSite Member
    from PA

If you haven"t done so already.

contact current customers about obtaining other services you offer, that you curently dont provide for them.