thoughts needed on diesel truck!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by don_don91, Jan 14, 2011.

1. NonStop

NonStop LawnSite Member

The EGR cooler/valve are known to have problems. Why not just delete? Kits are readily available and you can update the problematic oil cooler at the same time. The parts for this are less than $700, and you can do it yourself with directions.

Keep the injectors happy with on-time oil changes and fuel additives every other tank.

These motors are all about maintenance, but keep them happy and they will return the favor.

A healthy stock 6.0 will out pull a stock 7.3. If you want to hop it up, go with the 7.3.

2. NonStop

NonStop LawnSite Member

double post

3. greenacres2010

greenacres2010 LawnSite Member

we got a 06 f350 6.0 w/ 88,000 miles never had a problem, 07 f250 6.0 w/ 101,000 miles never a problem and a 07 f450 w/20,000 no problems. They got the problems worked out after the o4 and 05 models if u run em and work em everyday service them on schedule you'll have no problems if they sit in driveway they'll stay broke down

4. Gravelyftw

Gravelyftw LawnSite Member

I just picked up a 96 7.3...love this truck. i cant speak for the 6.0s but i got a buddy that says theyre good motors, problem is everyone wants to throw a tuner on them and unlimit boost then they wonder why they are lifting heads. I would look for one of the 7.3s if i was u even if u do have to spend more on it.

5. don_don91

don_don91 LawnSite Member

thanks everyone for all the feedback you all have been a huge help!