Thoughts on 1989 or 1990 ir 130 compressor

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by shop's lawn, Oct 19, 2012.

1. shop's lawn

shop's lawn LawnSite Member

I found a ir 130 with the 3 cylinder diesel air compressor for sale. Year is 1989 or 1990. Looks to be in very good shape. I have always used a 185 before, this was used for irrigation blow outs all its life only.
    how can you tell if pump is weak or any other problems to look out for?
    They are asking 3000.00 for it.
    Thanks much guys!

2. shop's lawn

shop's lawn LawnSite Member

It has 2200 hrs on it

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

That's some serious hours, any paperwork on service, etc.?

4. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

That is an average of 100 hrs a year. Are you sure of the Hobbs meter reading?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Mike Leary

Hobbs meters are some of the finest and best. Here's the motor home gen set after almost thirty years:

DSCN2307hrs.jpg

6. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

Half the price or see ya later

The have new truck mounts for less NEW!
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

It realy depends on the engine and how it works and been maintained . Sounds like its possible a 3 cyl deutz , great engine , and 2200 hours isnt much for a deutz . If its a john deere thats another favorite of mine , I have a 1984 JD310b full size backhoe with almost 11000 hours on it and Its still a frontline snow mover

8. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

Where can you get a decent truck mount for $1500.00 and what cfm is it?

9. Mike Leary

I bought a 125 tow-behind for $800.00 from my rental yard, put a piston in and it runs great after twelve years.

10. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

You can't . An 80cfm , even a 100 cfm will fit in a truck but you need something to take them in or out , and they take up the whole bed . Anything much smaller than 80 cfm is a waste of time to blow out irrigation systems .

Mike has has his compressor 12 years , I have tow behind compressors from 15 years old to 26 years old . when you factor in rental of $600.00 per month and squeezing in all your blowouts in 2 months , thats $ 12,000 over 10 years in rental fees . An 2k or 3k compressor is a bargain over time and an asset you own .