THOUGHTS ON BOBCAT 435zhs DEMO TODAY

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by mrsops, Mar 13, 2008.

1. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

so i finally got to demo the 435 on the job today must say i was impressed. i think the zhs feature is amazing exspecially for jobs that i do everything is just so tight and you dont have much room to spin and turn, with this machine you can.. very impressed with the inside of the machine plenty of leg room and it had a very comfy air seat. controls were smooth as well, and the glass had no vibration what so ever moving the machine from one side of the job site to the other.. digging with this machine was plesant i actually felt like it dug quicker then the 337.. i thought the 435 was definitely a better all around machine by far over the 337.. the only think i dont like is that the bucket breakout force is only i think 7900 lbs. the cat 305 that i demoed and like very much as well for had 11000. 435 is also $13,000 cheaper then the 305

2. BongoJim

BongoJim LawnSite Member
    from 5

Dude, that's a no brainer. White and Orange baby!!!!

3. mrsops

its tough jim LOL i dont have much to say about the cat skid steers but the cat 305 excavator was real nice

4. Stick Pro

Stick Pro LawnSite Senior Member

the cat 305 i think is a better machine than the 435 it is worth the extra cash

5. mrsops

why do you think its a better machine??

6. Stick Pro

I have ran bolth machines digging swimming pools the cat will out dig the 435 in hard pan i love the togle on the joy stick to move the boom side to side and if you dont have a cab on the 435 it will blow hot air on you all day that sucks during the summer i my opinion the cat is a better built machine

7. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

How much was the 305 from Cat? Just curious since I am trying a Takeuchi TB138FR and I like it allot. I am not ready to buy any time soon but I priced it out anyways. It is smaller then the Cat 305 but was curious how much more Cat is. The Takeuchi is $45,000. That is Cab, Heat, A/C, radio. All the goodies. I would like to add a Hyd. thumb and a swivel for the bucket. I don't know how much more that will bump the price up. I figure probally somewhere around the $50,000- $52,000 mark. It is allot of Money but I really like the machine, so when I am ready to purchase I will price everyone else out but most likely I will go with the Takeuchi.

8. mrsops

yeah but you have to remember something both bobcat and cat dealer both said you cant compare the 435 to the 305.. the 305 is matched up against the 337 which the 305 i agree was a real nice machine better then the 337. 305 had alot of nice things about it. i would never buy a machine with out cab LOL

9. mrsops

2008 cat 305c cr
    cab,heat,ac,radio
    30'' bucket and thumb
    2 years bumper to bumper warranty
    i think it was 61,000

10. Stick Pro

in my business i compare how wide the machine are because of acess problems the 435 and the 305 are the same width correct me if i am wrong bolth are zero turn so that is the tractor i would compare it to the 337 is a nice machine but i wont turn around in a section of fence. All of my machines have cabs on them i agree that is the only way to go. The 435 i ran was a rental