Thoughts on cheaper Zero Turns

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AboveTheCut, Mar 12, 2005.

1. AboveTheCut

AboveTheCut LawnSite Member

I currently have only walk behinds (Scag and Exmark) but would like to purchase a Zero Turn this year. I have been looking at used Exmarks but I'm trying to keep the cost down. I was in Sears today and saw a Craftsman Zero Turn, 50" deck, 22 HP on sale for $2699. It doesn't look as strong as a Exmark but it sure is cheaper. I can't find anything on its top speed and I would hate to buy something like this and regret it. I guess I could always take it back if I didn't like it. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. LK05

LK05 LawnSite Member
    from Ma

you would be better of burning your 2,600. You would still be out the cash either way but if you burned it you would have less aggravation...

3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

>>>I was in Sears today and saw a Craftsman Zero Turn, 50" deck, 22 HP on sale for $2699<<

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

4. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

5. Classic

Classic LawnSite Member

Nice!!

I agree completely.

6. Aaron Marshall

Aaron Marshall LawnSite Member

You could also check out Lesco, I don't know what models they have that would fit your needs, and I wouldn't call them cheap, but more cost effective i guess, and always remember... you get what you pay for.

7. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

If you want a Z, then do not be intimidated by the '"fear factor" in purchasing your next mower. Why would you NOT consider a new Scag or Exmark Z? I would like to know. Don't be mislead by what you see out there...I could go on...cheaper is....well, cheaper...

8. Eho

Eho LawnSite Member

You get what you pay for...it might be a little more expensive now, but when it's still running great years from now, you ll be glad you got a NICE model, not one from Sears. I strongly suggest you get a commercial grade mower!
    EHO

9. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Please refer to the recent thread titled something about "Scrub or Pro" and it had a list.

10. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

With the Craftsman they'll let you bring it back if you don't like it, even after 30 days. However, I've managed to break most of their products before 30 days. I'd look at something with a little more to it.