1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on Cub Cadet Tanks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AboveTheCut, Mar 29, 2005.

1. AboveTheCut

AboveTheCut LawnSite Member

I've seen them in magazines but have never seen them in person until yesterday. I stumbled accross a dealer that had the whole line. I was kind of impressed with the Tank (M60). It appeared to be well built and had a lot of features that I didn't remember being on the others. Anybody have any thoughts or experience with these?
  2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

We have two M60's and a 72", they are great!!!!!!!!!! One of the 60's has over 800 hours and nothing gone wrong. They are as good as any I think
  3. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

I too have looked at these now for a couple of years. I'm a homeowner, but looking to upgrade to a Z in the future. I'd look at the Lesco units as well as they are identical to the Cub's but cheaper. I believe they are running some good specials on them as well. I think they provide quite a lot of bang for the buck.
  4. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

DWOST is correct. The Lesco machine is the same as the tank. I just got mine today. Ill have pics tomarrow.
  5. calbren

calbren LawnSite Member
    from K.C. Mo

the Cub is not exactly identical to the Lesco. The cub uses a Timken spindle and the engine sets defferently. I would agree though that everything else besides minor details are the same and they are both made by MTD.