Thoughts on e-bay

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mo Green, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

How have your experiences been with purchasing equipment on e-bay?

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I have bought things on e-bay. Cordless drill and impact, other small stuff. Never had any problems, but never bought anything like a mower though. My dad has sold a couple cars and everything went well.

3. oneandonlyjojo

oneandonlyjojo LawnSite Member
    from NY

if u have 10% of a brain u can use ebay to get anything cheap. someone is gonna bash it but use your head and ask any question u have to the seller.

4. redoak77

redoak77 LawnSite Senior Member

I love ebay! i bought face plates, skis, games, gator blades and a tons more Never had any problems

5. BryantLandscape

BryantLandscape LawnSite Member

Man do I love Ebay or what, to me its better than a Walmart, I have bought a lot on that website actually just received a brand new in the box Echo PB 261L back pack blower that I paid $186 on Ebay, 100 bucks savings or so, the best thing to do is look at their feedback, a lot of these guys have sold hundreds of products and have 100% good feedback, just do your research like with anything but you can save a lot of money....

6. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I bought my redmax 7001 off of ebay new. Got it for $411. I have not had a problem yet.

7. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a lot of stuff on e-bay. two mowers and two truck, got great deals on them, but u must drive to get them. I look forward to the road trips though and wright it all off on my taxes (fuel, hotels, food, ect).

8. nriddle77

nriddle77 LawnSite Senior Member

I love e-bay. My recent purchases include a truck, mower blades, redmax blower, and this week a bluebird aerator.
    Plently of good deals to be found.

9. oneandonlyjojo

oneandonlyjojo LawnSite Member
    from NY

im looking at some bluebird dethachers right now for $475 i paid $450 to rent one begining of the year for a few days. they are bout 1100 new here

10. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a Toro Z Master and a 52" walk behind on e-bay. Both machines worked out great and I got pretty good deal on both of them!