Thoughts on Ferris?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Adam's Lawn and Garden, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Adam's Lawn and Garden

Adam's Lawn and Garden LawnSite Senior Member

I was looking at the ferris ZT's yesturday. They look nice but has anyone had problems with these? How is the cut?

Any viewpoints would be nice!

Thanks,

adam

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We've been using Ferris for the past 13 years. Very reliable machines, the independent suspension ya can't beat IMO. BTW, we've had over 20 machines total with Ferris, currently have 7 WB's and Z's from them...I can't complain. :clapping:

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

The ztr's are good machines. They cost a little more than most others though. The suspension helps the cut and really makes a difference in the ride. The cut is good overall. Depends on the grass type and from my experience the cut is as good or better than a lot of ztr's. We have an IS 3000 that we are very happy with.

4. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

Iwas wondering about the ztr desiel...I know that they weight 2000 lbs...thats tha part that i dont like.

5. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

I currently own 6 of them and I can't complain.

6. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Yea, wouldn't want to get on any soft ground with one or in a small yard. they are around $16,500 here for the IS 5100 Cat with 72" cut. For $1500 more you could have a 72" Lastec articulator with a Kubota diesel that will leave a lot better cut than the Ferris and still ride great. I'd go that route if your looking for a large diesel machine. Go to www.lastec.com if your interested.