Thoughts on Kwikkerb

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by tim cooper, Oct 15, 2002.

1. tim cooper

tim cooper LawnSite Member

Found their website here at lawnsite. Anyone have any experience dealing with them. www.kwikerb.com.

2. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I know that I don't speak for everyone but for as much as I have delt with the kwikkerb system it seams kinda cheap and not too asthetically pleasing. But for some applications I do beleive it would be a good product, like for driveway edging but it just doesn't look very good outlining beds like I have seen some people do in the past.

Brandon Shaw
    Evergreen Landscaping Concepts

3. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

There are several companies like this - that I can't think of off the top of my head. If you go to www.everythinggreen.com and search for "edging" or "curbing" you will find several. Kwik Kerb, Curb King, Borderline Stamp, Border Magic, etc... quite a few.

4. kg6395

kg6395 LawnSite Member

Tim, what kind of info are you looking for in Kwikkerb? I have been dealing with them for a short while and maybe I can help.

5. tim cooper

tim cooper LawnSite Member

Interested in startup business, along with lawn maintenance. Just got info in mail from them. Also got information on other companies in business. High priced me thinks:( . Anyway are you subbing out work to someone that uses their equipment? If so how popular has it been for you and customer responses to the makeover?:blush:

6. MPhillips

MPhillips LawnSite Member
    from zone 7

I'm sorry to be like this but I think this kwik curb stuff is ugly, ugly ugly...it was a novelty for awhile. It reminds me of the folks that edge their yards with old tires sunk in the ground. or cinder blocks standing on edge...man I'm sorry to be like this but don't do it...haha

7. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I'm with you phillips:D

8. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

I wanted to bring this subject back up to solicit some more input. I have attached some pics. of a project that I used Kwik Kerb in recently. A friend of mine bought a Kwik Kerb franchise about 2 years ago. He paid $40k for the complete set up. So far, he has been disappointed with his ROI. These pictures show the 1st install I subbed out to him. I have tried numerous times to sell the idea to customers, but have not been successful. I think it looks great in certain settings, but it has been a very tough sell here in the Midwest so far. Thanks for any input.

hyer after grass 3.jpg

9. Lombardi

Another,

hyer after grass 4.jpg

10. Lombardi

Last,

hyer after grass 1.jpg