THoughts on Lesco w/b's?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stryper, Apr 25, 2005.

1. stryper

stryper LawnSite Member
    from IL

I mentioned in another thread that I may be interested in a new w/b, and I love dealing with my local Lesco guys for fert's and advice, but I'm a little hesitant when it comes to hardware...looking on-line, the specs are kinda spotty, and there's not much in the way of selection. Couple of questions then: Do any of you guys use them? How does the cut compare to other makes/models? Ease of use? A hydro is probably out of my price range at the moment, so do all the gear-drives have fixed decks? Also, who does the warranty/service work once the customer takes delivery?
  2. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Its a homeowner mower. Spend an extra grand and get a commerical mower.
  3. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

bs lesco is one of the leaders in the industry and there mowers are topnotch its all i buy
  4. Primecut

Primecut LawnSite Member

I wouldn't necessarily call them a "homeowner" mower. But I would agree, there are probably better mowers for the money. That being said, I used Lesco belt drives for my first 3 or 4 years in the business. I think they are reliable, stripe well, cut well, and overall, I didn't have many complaints. Now, if you are talking about hydro walk behinds, I like my exmark. Just my 2 cents.
  5. packerbacker

We have 3 Lesco dealers around KC and the only time I see a Lesco is when its hanging out of the back of a 1978 Nissan PU truck with some some guy wearing a bandana smoking a Lucky Strike.

Spend an extra grand and get a commercial mower.
  6. packerbacker

I actually thought about buying one a few years ago but I heard so many bad things about them here and from other LCOs I didnt. They all laughed at me when I brought them up.
  7. davechick12

davechick12 LawnSite Member

I have a 36in walk behind this is my 3rd year with it no major problems. The only problem is they dont service them were i live and it can take a few days to get parts. The bottom line is I would buy another lesco mower for the price you cant beat it.
  8. packerbacker

So for a better price you would risk being down a mower for 3 days and the possibility of losing that profit doesnt scare you?
  9. Mike Fronczak

Mike Fronczak LawnSite Senior Member

All I run is stuff from Lesco, a 36 belt, 48 hydro, two 60 Vipers, all are now at least 4 seasons old no major issues, would buy another in a second (actually I'm think about it but don't know what size rider 48 or 72). For the record there service here is second to none, far better than Ex... dealer, if I have a problem, waranty or not I have a demo on my trailer, etc. Other dealer....will get you up & running in 24 hrs..overnight parts or take them off another machine.....I get all that already. Most of these mowers are basiclly the same any way (engines, pumps, etc.) It gets frustrating hearing all these people that don't have a clue bash equipment.
  10. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

What??? I have been using Lesco mowers for 13 years. A quick add says those mowers made over $4 million dollers each. Replaced 2 engines last year but never a spindle.