Thoughts on logo?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by buffalonick, Dec 24, 2009.

1. buffalonick

buffalonick LawnSite Member

Just like it says i made myself a logo on some program i bought cuz i didnt wanna pay a ton of money and this is it give me your thoughts.

Nickel City 1.jpeg

2. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

looks alright, but I have seen that lawn picture everywhere, comes from photoshop...

3. adrian

adrian LawnSite Member

Looks good, your services are to small to be able to read though. Also, Nickel City Outdoor Services seems a little close to the light green line, but I'm just being picky.

4. Greenboy24

Greenboy24 LawnSite Senior Member

Its ok but with more time I think you can come up with something better

5. buffalonick

buffalonick LawnSite Member

I moved some stuff around and changed some colors, i like that image its easy its not overdoing it and looks profession....no ridiculous picture

Nickel City 1 trans.jpeg

6. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Excellent, Buffalo. I really like it. Incidentally scroll up two inches and look at the logos of our sponsors. Yours is just as good as any of theirs. Now imagine how it will look on your letterhead, your circulars, your invoices, your envelopes, your business card. And now imagine how it will look on your truck. If your truck is white--fine. Trailer white? If not you may have to tweak the colors to get it to show up against whatever background color you have to work with. Perhaps have a slightly different version for the vehicle, in black or very dark green if your truck is red. Make it really big so it can be read at 75 miles an hour. And for the window glass you need to use white across the top of the windshield, and white on your back glass. Or maybe put the logo in an oval of white so it shows up better on a blue truck. Are you going to put it on your shirts? Jackets? On the back of your guys tee-shirts? On your baseball caps? Decals on your mowers? Spreaders? Paint it on your plow blades? Look around--you will find top companies take advantage of every opportunity to get their name before the public. You may be able to get a company slogan on some of your equipment or paperwork. A slogan like, "Where the best costs less" or "Where service is first" or "Improving your property".

7. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

8. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Like the updated version a lot. Simple, effective, professional, clean. Should be a very serviceable logo on future media.

9. STRINGALATION

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

i like the orig. but the up date is better.....

make sure you get atleast 500dpi resolution so it can blow up without pixelating.

i use gimp which is free and like photoshop.

10. STRINGALATION

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

excellent advice i do most but never thought about my equipment, thats on my list now thanks.