Thoughts on PB 403T

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by precisioncut, Dec 16, 2003.

1. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious on people's thoughts on the Echo PB 403T. This will be my first backpack purchase. Has anyone had problems with it or anything?

2. lawnagent

lawnagent LawnSite Senior Member

I have one. It is great. Starts on the 1st pull 90% of the time and the 2nd pull the rest of the time. Have not ran across anything yet where I felt I needed more power.

3. Summey

Summey LawnSite Member

Spend $50 more and get the 603. i've had both side by sideand the 603 is alot stronger.

4. energy

energy LawnSite Member

603 is definetly a lot more powerful, but it also uses more gas. sometimes more power is not the way to go, especially if it is windy. all you get is a big dust storm. 403 is a good choice, i have 2 and 1 603. Always start on the 2-3 pull even when cold. good luck with your purchase.

5. floridalawncare

floridalawncare LawnSite Member

i'll sell you my redmax 4400. it's about the same weight, motor size, but a tad stronger according to the manufacter's specs. it's about 6 mos old, still looks and runs new.

6. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

I think that I will go with the 403 but if it isn't to my liking and not powerful enough (which I do doubt) I will try the 603