Thoughts On Quick 36

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ranger351w, Jun 23, 2006.

1. ranger351w

ranger351w LawnSite Member

Good morning

I am wanting to get a walk behind that will go through most customers gates. Does any one know about the quick 36? I want the 13hp. with no electric start.{pita} also thought the 13hp. would be easier to use in tight areas.
    How good is the cut and overall quality of the machine? Anyone??

Thanks

A.S.D.S. Mowing

2. mak2

mak2 LawnSite Senior Member

I bought my Quick 36 early this year. I love it. I have no complaints at all.

3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

This is one of my residential crew guys cutting with the Quick36 SuperDuty 16HP. This is a bare-bones stock unit with no striping kit but as you can see it cuts and stripes great. My guys love the Quick mowers.

Mvc-028s.jpg

4. MMLawn

finished product....

Mvc-031s.jpg

5. MMLawn

one last angle......same lawn

Mvc-032s.jpg

6. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Great little mower. 13 hp? Go w/either the Kaw or Briggs ELS 16 ponies.

Rauscher Q 2.jpg

7. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

one more pic..

Rauscher Q 1.jpg

8. GPDesign1

GPDesign1 LawnSite Senior Member

Quick 36 is a great little mower. Compact, easy to use and priced worth the money (and whips the snot outta anybody else's belt-drive or single hydro).

If you have any other questions about our mowers, please give us a jingle on the Better Outdoor Products Global Sales Hot-Line at 866-290-7295.

:drinkup:

gp

9. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Well, I will agree, the Quick is a good mower but here are a couple of things that could be improved on.

It seems to pull a little to the left when mowing. My best guess is that the discharge kind of pushes it in that direction.

It is easier to turn it to the left than to the right due to the drive lever configuration.

The reverse lever will wear your thumb out.

But it has two major pluses. One is the weight. You would have to be mowing quicksand in order to leave ruts. The other is the cut quality. I haven't seen anything that leaves a better cut.

10. MowerMoney

MowerMoney LawnSite Senior Member

For those that use the Quick 36, how much of a hassle is it to change the deck/blade height.
    My local dealer is thinking of taking on this line and has one in his showroom. He's going to talk to the distributer about letting me demo it for a day. Looks like a great machine but looks like a pain to change the height.