1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on Rinox

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by McLandscaing, Mar 20, 2007.

1. McLandscaing

McLandscaing LawnSite Member

I was just wandering if any one has used rinox. I'm looking @ a project with allot of block work involved with it. My thought here is 13.00 sq ft for rinox or 17 for techo thats a big difference in material cost for this project. I was just wondering if anyone uses the stuff? Pros & Cons???

2. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

i have never used rinox and don't think i ever would. i have only heard bad things about it. the quality is not as good and the strength is not as high is what i have been told. $17/sf for techo seems high? our price down here is $13.56/sf for the high end wall and $12.15/sf for the low end wall. i would shop around, techo is manufactured in pa. so why would you pay more than us in south jersey?
  3. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

I used Rinox once on a job because of a promotional deal with Shemin. I did not like the finish, fit or quality and have no intention of using it again.

If you are looking for a bargain block, check out EP Henry's Imperial line or Versa-Lok. If you want the high end along with the quality, stick with the Techo-Bloc.

4. Paveit

Paveit LawnSite Member

Ditch the thoughts of Rinox and search for a better supplier. $17 a s/f for Techo!? wow.....
  5. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

I've never used Rinox, but was told this winter that the owner's of Techo and Rinox are brothers, and most of the Techo products you see were originally developed by Rinox.

of course, this was from the Rinox rep whose father owns the company. He claims they have the same mnfg process and strength characteristics as Techo.

Again, this is just what I've been told.
  6. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

i was also told that rinox and techo where family related.
  7. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

Partially correct as to the family relation. Rinox is the brother-in-law of the owner of Techo, that was formerly employed by Techo. They are not related as to the companies though, and even if the products look similar, they are no where near close. The products were developed by Techo as well as the machines and manufacturing process. Rinox is a less expensive knock off product that may suit bargain hunters and folks that think saving a few dollars on product will make a difference.

8. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

We have used Rinox and found that the quality was on par with techo.

Rinox here is expensive but the colors and selection are better than techo.

I would not call it a cheap knock-off.
  9. Sanlorenzo

Sanlorenzo LawnSite Member

Kirk, you are the only one who got it right.