Thoughts on Scott's Turfbuilder

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jajwrigh, Jan 30, 2004.

1. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Anyone? Give me some reviews on the success or failure stories of this product.

2. Mac V2.0

Mac V2.0 LawnSite Member
    from Mid OH

you are speaking of a residential product. Noone in this forum works with that.

3. sodzilla

sodzilla LawnSite Member

I used it years ago on my own property befor I got into lawn care. It is crap compared to the stuff I get now from the local supliers.

4. envi lawn

envi lawn LawnSite Member

Turfbuilder has helped the commercial LCO's for many years.
    Many consumers buy it because of the name recognition, and they end up striping their lawns through mis- application.
    When I drive by one of these lawns, I leave my calling card, doorknob hanger, etc. It can lead to a new account real easy.
    I personally think STB is junk fert: clumpy, hard to see and spread, and overpriced.

5. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

"Turfbuilder" is a coptright protected trade name owned by Scotts for fertilizer. They will change analysis & ingredients however the marketers/agronomists see fit. But it is nothing more than fertilizer.

6. Danny Harrison

Danny Harrison LawnSite Member

I am new also to the buis. and was told by many not to use 'scotts" due to cheap fert. from home depot's/ wal-mart/ lowe's ect... What is a good commercial fert and year round program I can offer to customers in my lawn business? I want carry profes. products w/ my company, not cheap home owner products that my customer could go to their local store and buy and do it their selves. Thanks guy's/ this site is awsome!!