Thoughts on small rotors..

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CAPT Stream Rotar, May 12, 2011.

1. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

The only problems i see with the 3500's are the older ones before they came out with the rubber cover a couple of years ago.

The older ones adjustment slot becomes brittle and rodds out when you try to turn a screwdriver in there.
  2. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

agreed koster.

My only complaint is why does the 3500 not have a stainless steel adj set screw...
  3. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

I don't like the idea of selling a product that sells really really cheap at home cheapo.

I hate 3500's, they do have a better admustment as far as the pgj ... but they always clog and stop rotating. Just as much as the pgj.. They feel soo week

Honestly lately I've been replacing broken pgj's and 3500's with rb 5000+'s, using the flow control on the head to dial it down enough for the area.. There just more of a sturdier head
  4. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Im with Dana on this. Dont even stock em for service repair. Dig it , put in a real head.
  5. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

I think......I think they suck.......therefore they suck.......I think
  6. 3/4" by 1/2" cutoff nipples on 1/2" pipe is what I want.
  7. MCM

MCM LawnSite Member

Plus PGP/5004 are cheaper then the 3500/PGJ.
  8. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

LOL @ why put in a "real head" when you need a better precip rate and than a knocked down pgp...
  9. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

The little "mini-rotors" have their place, I've used the 3500 where I've been backed into a area where my I-20s or 5500s could not cover without a ton of waste. I have no problem with that "little rotor that could". :)
  10. cgbaseball23

cgbaseball23 LawnSite Member

In most cases like these I usually use MP rotors. I've replaced too many 3500's due to not rotating. Not to mention there is a lot more flexibility when using mp rotors.